Ushering in a New Era of Personalized Medicine and Nutritional Products
We’re in a new era of healthcare and Panaceutics is disrupting the world of personalized therapies. And, Panaceutics is breaking down the “one size fits all” barriers that limit the formulation, manufacturing, and delivery of personalized medicine and nutrition.
The new era of personalized healthcare is built on a foundation of on-demand formulation, which enables B2B stakeholders, such as healthcare systems, integrated delivery partners, pharmaceutical companies, and nutritional product manufacturers to provide personalized pharmaceutical poly therapies and clinical nutrition products to high volume populations – fast, safely, accurately, and efficiently – with enhanced CGMP compliance and without the need for costly in-house infrastructure and associated overhead.
A Revolution in Safer, Scalable Therapy
Formulation With over 100 years of combined expertise in specialty medications and pharmacies, cloud computing, and robotics technologies, Panaceutics has started a revolution in next generation precision poly therapy dosing and delivery. Panaceutics is focused on automating production of personalized healthcare solutions under CGMP manufacturing standards.
Through our innovative cloud-based, robot-automated, high-throughput system, Panaceutics quickly develops individual formulations using high- quality generic medications based on an individual’s personal clinical and genomic profile for safer, more effective drug combinations.
The Panaceutics platform scales to serve as a full-featured formulation solution or an extension of your existing facility and helps you meet the needs of even your largest healthcare populations – anytime, anywhere – with the ability to deliver right drug, right dose and right combination, every time.
Panaceutics is Poly Therapy, Simplified
Simplify your consumers’ personalized therapies and nutrition regimens with a “pill free” formula.
Using Panaceutics as an extension of your facility, you can help healthcare consumers replace their high pill burden and associated adherence challenges. Panaceutics is the world’s only formulation platform that uses a proprietary technology to transform multiple pills into a single packet of great-tasting, easy-to-swallow fruit puree customized to your macro nutrient needs. It’s the essential platform for the delivery of personalized therapy, precision medicine, and optimized clinical nutrition.
We believe our patented, on-demand, automated formulation system provides a simplified consumer experience that will encourage long-term medication adherence and drive clinical value.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, Panaceutics® is a wholly owned subsidiary of Panacea BioMatx Inc.
Panaceutics compounds formulations in our 21 CFR 110 and 21 CFR 111 inspected CGMP certified facility in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
The minds behind some of the world’s most renowned specialty medications and pharmacies, cloud computing, and robotics technologies are the ones you’ll discover at the heart of Panaceutics.
For years, we’ve been at the forefront of precision and personalized healthcare: how it’s developed, how it’s formulated, and how to build systems to get the right therapy, in the right dose, to the right individual – right now.
Chief Executive Officer
As CEO, Mark oversees the operations and growth strategies of Panaceutics. Mark was President and CEO of Axium Healthcare Pharmacy, a leading specialty pharmacy licensed in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Mark led the successful acquisition of Axium by The Kroger, Co. in 2012. He joined Axium in 2003 as Vice President and General Manager, overseeing the company’s daily operations, and was appointed as president in 2005. Mark has over 30 years of healthcare experience and has played instrumental management roles in leading nationwide specialty pharmacy providers including Accredo Health and Caremark.
Chief Technology Officer & Co-Founder
Formerly Senior Director at iRobot Corp, and founder of five technology companies with three successful exits and two IPOs. Holds 25+ patents and has developed and installed high-speed automation for dozens of Fortune 500 companies. Federal level patent expert witness trial experience. Morehead Scholar UNC, Duke (MBA), Oxford –UK (Engineering Sciences)
L. Staton Noel III,
Chief Science Officer & Co-Founder
As Co-founder and CSO, Staton uses his 25 years of experience in biotechnology and pharmaceutical research to help create products for an individual’s health and wellness needs. Staton holds a BS in Biochemistry, MS in Gerontology, and an MBA, and has authored multiple peer-reviewed scientific papers. As a molecular pharmacologist at GlaxoSmithKline, Staton developed both a broad technical expertise and therapeutic expertise while leading multiple drug discovery projects. In addition, Staton spent five years as Director of the Office of Innovation Commercialization at UNC-Greensboro managing and licensing intellectual property, and negotiating complex interinstitutional agreements.
Andrew Schwab, MS, PhD,
Chief Operations Officer
Andrew (Andy) Schwab is Panaceutics’ COO. He is a successful entrepreneur with over 25 years’ experience building technology based startup companies. He has been an impactful mentor and advisor to dozens of companies throughout his career, and has served on multiple boards designed to vet technology and executive teams. As a seasoned senior executive with proven management and startup skills, Andy has led two local companies featured in the Triangle Fast 50, which recognizes the 50 fastest-growing, privately-held companies in the Research Triangle area.
Andy’s diverse background includes extensive knowledge of the Internet and related technologies, and emerging technology evaluation and integration with existing business models, as well as merger and acquisition experience. He received his BS degree in electrical engineering from Duke University and his MS and PhD degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Virginia.
Raymond (Ray) L. Szafranski Jr.,
Vice President of Finance & Treasurer
As Vice President of Finance and Treasurer, Ray utilizes his 30 years of financial experience to guide the company in relation to its cash management, contract negotiation, and various procurement needs, as well as its Human Resource functions. Ray holds a BBA in Accounting from the University of Notre Dame and a MBA from Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. Ray also is a North Carolina Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Management Accountant. He has spent time in the pharmaceutical industry at Glaxo Inc. and at the leading liquid handling robotics vendor, Tecan US, Inc., where he was responsible for all of the finance activity for the Americas.
Danny Barnes, Pharm.D., RPh,
Chief Pharmacy Officer
Danny brings nearly 20 years of developing personalized medications and leadership to the Panaceutics team. As the founder, as well as a compounding pharmacist of Triangle Compounding Pharmacy (TCP), Danny has developed significant personalized medication formulation expertise. He led the team at TCP to become one of the top compounding pharmacies in the U.S., specializing in making customized medications and high-risk sterile medications. Triangle Compounding Pharmacy was the first compounding pharmacy in North Carolina to meet national standards and win accreditation from the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB). Triangle Compounding Pharmacy was also the first compounding pharmacy to register as a Human Drug Outsourcing Facility (503B) to help physicians and hospitals meet critical consumer needs by compounding crucial medications during drug shortages. Triangle Compounding Pharmacy prepares clinical trial material for Phase I and Phase II trials for research universities and start-up companies. Danny received his Pharm.D. from Campbell University in 2000.
Board of Directors
Chief Executive Officer Panaceutics
Edison Thurman Hudson, Jr.
Chief Technology Officer & Co-Founder Panaceutics
Lloyd Staton Noel III
Chief Science Officer & Co-Founder Panaceutics
Chairman, BioMarck Pharmaceuticals
CEO, O2 Fitness and MDO Ventures
President of Triangle Compounding Pharmacy
Executive General Manager (Corporate Advisory) at Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing
A diverse group of experienced healthcare executives serve on the Panaceutics Advisory Board.
- David Beno, D., recently retired from the Abbott Laboratories, where he last was on their New Ventures team with responsibility for commercializing a wide range of high value consumer focused health products. He will advise on how to address the personalized clinical nutrition marketplace and other consumer products group partnerships.
- Andrew Brynes, MBA, Managing Director, Healthcare & Technology Ventures at Loeb Enterprises. A former healthcare CFO, he helped create BlueCross BlueShield’s of North Carolina’s venture arm, His network of healthcare and venture contacts has become valuable to the company in its B Series fund raising round.
- Katina Dorton, MBA, JD, is a leading financial advisor for companies ranging from start up to publicly listed She is an experienced healthcare and biotechnology company CFO. Formerly with Morgan Stanley and Needham Company where she raised more than $50 Billion managing 25 IIPO’s for healthcare clients, she has advised on the company’s financial model.
- Christopher Holley MD PhD, Assistant Professor at Duke University School of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Director, Cardiovascular RNA Biology Group Duke Cardiovascular Research Dr. Holley’s expertise in cardiology provides both a clinical and research perspective.
- Michael Jay, D., Is the Eshelman Distinguished Professor, UNC School of Pharmacy, Chair of Molecular Pharmaceutics. He has lead our Scientific Advisory group and advised on formulation processes and regulatory issues. His graduate team has conducted experiments and performed technical evaluations for the Company. He has filed several joint grant applications with the Company over the past two years, following up his own ideas that parallel Panaceutics concepts.
- Rick Lawless, MBA, CPIP, a biotech and pharmaceutical expert with the North Carolina State Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center brings expertise in GMP manufacturing, quality systems, facility design, and his deep regulatory science background is part of the value advise he has given for several years, helping the Company implement its cGMP processes.
- Joe McMahon, formerly CEO of KBI Pharmaceuticals, brings deep understanding of cGMP contract manufacturing, formulation and quality testing. He is assisting to develop a transformational plan for the Company’s 503B and 503A pharmacy facilities, products, and services, and on business strategy for pharmaceutical based.
- Cam Patterson, MD, Chief Operating Officer at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, Cardiologist.